The O&R Deputy Assistant Inspector General (DAIG) serves as the deputy to O&R's Assistant Inspector General (AIG). The O&R DAIG is responsible for executive leadership, direction, and supervision over a staff consisting of attorneys, criminal investigators, and analysts.Learn more about this agency
The DOJ OIG offers a wide range of federal benefits and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements. For more information on the OIG, please visit our website at https://oig.justice.gov.
The O&R DAIG provides executive leadership over the day-to-day administration and operations of the Division. The incumbent executes O&R policies, objectives, and priorities and implements the strategic plan for accomplishing the Division's mission. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Lead and direct a staff of attorneys, investigative personnel, and analysts who conduct O&R Division reviews and investigations.
- Apply flexibility and innovation to manage diverse talents and disciplines and to complete varied assignments in a timely fashion.
- Review potential investigative matters and requests for OIG reviews and advise the O&R AIG and the Inspector General (IG) on recommended courses of action.
- Assign and directly supervise O&R reviews and investigations and ensure that all matters are conducted with the highest degree of professionalism, objectivity, and fairness.
- Collaborate with counterparts within the IG community on joint reviews and matters of common interest, and work effectively with DOJ components whose programs or personnel are the subjects of O&R reviews and investigations.
Occasional travel - Infrequent travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505120400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.