DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees' differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) in Washington, DC. EBSA is committed to protecting retirement, health, and other employee benefits, thereby advancing the retirement security and health of our nation’s workers and retirees. EBSA, through its enforcement of Title I of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and other related health benefits laws, protects the security of retirement and health plan benefits and assets for all workers who have employer-sponsored plans.
- This position's full performance level is GS-15. There is no obligation to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and supervisory approval.
- This position is outside the bargaining unit.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Major duties for this position at the full performance level include but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, develops, and coordinates actuarial research projects regarding health and welfare plans.
- Reviews and analyzes legislative, regulatory, and administrative proposals and public policy issues pertaining to health and welfare plans.
- Provides expert technical (actuarial) guidance and consultative services to EBSA senior and executive staff regarding health and welfare benefit plans.
- Provides consultative and technical (actuarial) support to EBSA’s supervision of group health plans.
- Plans, develops, and coordinates significant actuarial work using multiple sources of data and variety of actuarial models and systems, consistent with the appropriate Actuarial Standards of Practice (ASOP).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current/former Federal employees w/ competitive/reinstatement eligibility; ICTAP and CTAP eligibles in the local commuting area; Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles;and Qualified Land Management Eligibles.
Also advertised as job announcement #DE-18-HRC-EBSA-140 for non-status applicants; to be considered for each, apply to BOTH jobs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504741200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.