This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the date the first (100) applications are received or on the closing date, whichever comes first.
This vacancy is for a Visual Information Specialist position at the New York Regional Census Center located in New York, NY. This position is responsible for developing partnership materials in support of the Decennial Census Operations within the assigned regional census center. The purpose of this temporary position in the RCC is to promote outreach and to help implement the Partnership Program for the Decennial Census Operations.
This is a Time Limited Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 2 years. This appointment may be extended at management’s discretion.
The work schedule for this position is Mixed Tour. With a Mixed Tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.
A trial period may be required.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
Relocation expenses will NOT be paid.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for creating visual materials and products covering a broad range of subject matter for census field operations. Ensures that products and materials are developed to support the census effort to gain support.
- Produces products that may include pictures for exhibits, and informational booth backdrops; creating models, murals, or electronic documents or devises to permit viewers to access desired information electronically or via the Internet.
- Applies federal and agency printing regulations and standards when creating web design; maintaining published or digital content.
- Creates, produces, and provides materials and products to promote partnership support for the Decennial Census with tribal/state/local governments, community-based organizations, faith based groups, schools, media outlets and other businesses.
- Effectively create and develop types of graphics items that will inform, promote awareness and motivate cooperation from a variety of audiences in support of a program.
- Maintains graphic materials and products for distribution to a variety of agency related events and to the general public or special interest populations as needed to support an outreach plan.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504704100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.