About the Position: This position is located at Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC), on the Island of Oahu, Hawaii. Oahu is the third largest island in the Hawaiian chain.Learn more about this agency
A cost of living allowance (COLA) of 10.99% is currently authorized; subject to change. **Salary includes 18.43% locality pay**
TAMC is a tobacco-free workplace. Tobacco products include, but are not limited to, smoking, smokeless tobacco, and electronic nicotine delivery devices.
- As the Technical Director, you will direct the day-tp-day technical and automation oprations of the Tripler Army Medical Center Forensic Toxicology Drug Testing Laboratory (TFTDTL).
- You will be responsible for the scientific and technical performance of the laboratory and attests to the validity of the laboratory's test reports.
- Establishes, writes and implements standard operating proocedures (SOPs) that are scientifically and forensically sound and comply with Army and/or Department of Defense Regulations, Directives and/or Instructions.
- Manages and oversees all research development activities within the laboratory and shares authorship of any subsequesnt publications.
- Determines training requirements and certification standards for technical positions with the laboratory based on regulations and policies.
- Develops and recommends human capitial strategic and plans, set and evaluates the short and long term objectives.
- Formulates and enforces policies and procedures for all forensic aspects of data accuracy and security.
- Testifies as a Forensic Toxicology Expert Witness in court-martials and legal proceedings.
Occasional travel - 10% travel for this position may be expected.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504690100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.