This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Location Support Staff, located in Ames, Iowa.Learn more about this agency
Serves as a Purchasing Agent for one or more ARS locations. The incumbent performs a wide range of purchasing and contracting functions which include but are not limited to negotiating and recommending awards on the open market or under government contract. Work is conducted and completed within the scope of the assigned agency procurement authorization. When work exceeds the procurement authorization, the incumbent prepares and submits purchase orders and service contracts to the Area office for signature. The incumbent may serve as the purchase card and/or government purchase card program coordinator.
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform procurement/contracting, including for open market competition and Information Technology and construction.
- Purchase a variety of commercial supplies and equipment by placing delivery orders against established contracts or other standardized purchasing methods.
- Conduct report overages, shortages, and damaged materials according to established procedures
- Provide technical guidance to customers and or management officials on how procurement operations could best service/support work programs
- Communicate with vendors, contractors, internal customers, and staff while maintaining privacy.
Occasional travel - Once or twice per year
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504274100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.