THESE POSITIONS ARE IN THE EXCEPTED SERVICE.Learn more about this agency
THESE POSITIONS ARE TIME-LIMITED APPOINTMENTS NOT TO EXCEED 4 YEARS.
THESE POSITIONS HAVE PROMOTION POTENTIAL TO THE GS-12.
INCUMBENT MAY BE PROMOTED NONCOMPETITIVELY PROVIDED WORK AT THE HIGHER LEVELS CONTINUES TO EXIST, AND THE INCUMBENT HAS DEMONSTRATED THE ABILITY TO PERFORM IT AND PROVIDED FURTHER THAT TIME-IN-GRADE AND OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS ARE MET.
- This position is a developmental position leading to the full performance level of GS-12 Attorney-Adviser, PD #0E1980.
- The incumbent drafts comprehensive decisions on requests for hearings filed under titles II, VIII, and XVI of the Social Security Act, as amended.
- Analyzes and researches pertenent issues involving all aspects of adjudication under the Social Security Act.
- Prepares recommended favorable on-the-record decisions and, when the claimant has knowingly and voluntarily waived the right to a hearing, unfavorable decisions for the review and signature of an ALJ.
- Thoroughly reviews cases remanded by the Courts and the Appeals Council, and other cases that involve difficult legal and factual issues.
- Prepares decisions, notices, and other written materials that are grammatically and technically correct, legally sufficient, and otherwise appropriate for issuance to claimants and to a legal audience.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504119100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.