The FEC Inspector General (IG) carries out and supervises the functions, powers, and duties of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) as provided in the Inspector General Act of 1978. The IG provides leadership and coordination and recommends policies for activities designed to:
- Promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of FEC programs, and
- Detect and prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in FEC programs and operations.
Learn more about this agency
This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
As the Inspector General in this position, you will:
- Lead, direct, and coordinate the OIG operations in a small office with fewer than 10 permanent staff.
- Conduct and oversee the conduct of OIG investigations, audits, and inspections and evaluations.
- Manage OIG plans and programs and operational and administrative activities, such as budgeting, contracting, and personnel management.
- Keep the FEC Commissioners and Congress fully informed about problems and deficiencies relating to program administration and operations, the necessity for corrective actions, and progress in their implementation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503933300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.