Under the general guidance of the Associate Director of OD, the Personnel Security Officer advises on all matters relating to personnel suitability and security processing. You will be responsible for providing authoritative advice and guidance to Farm Credit Administration (FCA) and Farm Credit System Insurance Corporation (FCSIC) officials by implementing policies and establishing procedures to maintain a trusted workforce.
This position is located in the Office of Agency Services, Operations Division (OAS-OD).
This position is being advertised at 2 grade levels: VH-38 and VH-39.
The salary ranges for each grade include a 25.86% geographic differential for McLean, VA.
- VH-38 (GS-12 equivalent): $91,280 to $150,612 per annum.
- VH-39 (GS-13 equivalent): $104,434 to $172,315 per annum.
As a Personnel Security Specialist, you will:
- Have responsibility for all aspects of personnel suitability and security, including position risk designation, adjudication and reporting requirements.
- Provide advice, guidance and recommendations regarding the hiring of applicants, retention of incumbents and termination of those determined unsuitable for personnel security/suitability eligibility.
- Conduct interim suitability assessments for contract personnel, while the agency is awaiting results from a formal background investigation.
- Develop, recommend, implement and evaluate policies, standards, guidelines and procedures which govern FCA’s personnel suitability and security program.
- Recommend internal controls corrective actions to the appropriate level of management and implements follow-up procedures to ensure contracts are functioning as intended.
- Track, consolidate, and compile audit and internal & external reporting requirements, including reporting requirements identified by the Secretary to the Board, and other government agencies.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% for training and conferences.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This Job Opportunity Announcement is open to Current and Former Federal employees; CTAP and ICTAP eligibles; VEOA eligibles; Schedule A eligibles; Military Spouse eligibles; and Land and Base Management eligibles covered under P.L. 114-47.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503805400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.