The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Management Analyst in the Office of Inspector General (OIG) of the Department of State. OIG has statutory oversight responsibility for the Department of State and the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG). This oversight responsibility includes conducting and reporting on audits, inspections, investigations, and special inquiries of all overseas and domestic organizational entities of these organizations.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Audits (AUD). This organization within the OIG has responsibility for planning, conducting, supervising, and coordinating audits and evaluations in overseas posts and domestic locations. These audits or evaluations encompass the operating, administrative, and financial activities of organizations and are directed to determine compliance with applicable laws, the economy and efficiency with which activities are carried out, and/or the achievement of program results. The reviews concern selected claims, costs, cost proposals, and cost and pricing data arising from grants, subsidies, loans, or other agreements entered into or proposed by various organizations within the Department of State or the BBG. In addition, there may be reviews of general security policies and programs or projects, the processes for setting and disseminating security standards, and the applicability of standards to different post situations and requirements.
The incumbent is responsible for supervising a number of Auditors and/or Management Analysts in carrying out individual audits that comprise the comprehensive audit program of specific division to which assigned. The incumbent is responsible for the continuing supervision of the Management Analysts and Auditors assigned to the incumbent as members of a team. He/She personally performs work on and in connection with an audit, however, in significant part, the duties performed are those involved in the supervision of a team. Major supervisory duties include activities in:
- Developing a detailed audit plan for the audits assigned by the AIG or DAIG.
- Carries out a range of supervisory responsibilities to include: interviews candidates for vacancies; sets priorities and deadlines to accomplish work; evaluates and prepares both mid-year progress reviews and annual performance appraisals; hears and resolves routine or minor complaints and refers grievance and more serious complaints to the DAIG or AIG; takes minor disciplinary actions; identifies training and developmental needs; and carries out all Equal Employment Opportunity requirements and policies.
- Providing continuous on-site leadership for the conduct of assigned audits and evaluations.
- Making on-site decisions to resolve specific problems and issues that may arise.
- Ensuring that audits, related system reviews, and internal control assessments are performed with technical proficiency, in a timely manner, and in accordance with applicable professional accounting and audit standards,
- Recommending the expansion or conclusion of an audit or evaluation to identify other significant or greater problems.
- Reviewing and commenting on work papers and reviewing and editing audit report segments.
- Reviewing, editing, and submitting final draft reports.
- Performing and directing follow-up audits and sp
Occasional travel - Overseas travel is required and will include conflict and post-conflict areas.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employees Only within the Office of Inspector General, per 3 FAM 2315
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503763600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.