As an Attorney-Adviser, specifically, the Disciplinary Counsel for EOIR's Attorney Discipline Program. He or she serves as team lead in investigating, prosecuting, and in some cases, imposing disciplinary sanctions against immigration practitioners who practice before EOIR's immigration courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). The position also accesses and implements training and development of standards of work and policy development.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assign work, based on EOIR and OGC priorities, and apply selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments;
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing the execution of special projects and assignments on behalf of the General Counsel and Director;
- Give presentations to and prepare presentations and testimony for the Director and other EOIR senior management officials to give official occasions;
- Serve as the General Counsel and Director's representative in meetings and conferences outlining policies and issues relating to professional responsibility and immigration law; and
- Provide legal advice to senior leadership professional responsibility and/or regarding the nation's immigration laws.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503757500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.