If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest.Learn more about this agency
- Assists with the lifecycle of IT equipment including desktop/laptop/thin client computers, monitors, printers, peripherals, and limited specialized software.
- Identifies requirements for new hardware/software, oversees the installation and maintenance, and management of warranties, service and other manufacturer support for IT equipment.
- Analyzes customer service call metrics, data and surveys, reviews user requirements and property requests; and develops options to maximize return on investment.
- Performs market research, cost benefit analysis, evaluates products for compatibility and compliance with existing equipment, systems and environment.
- Assists with managing incorporation of new client-based IT equipment and systems to ensure minimum disruption to operations and optimum customer support.
- Manages component accountable IT property accountability, ensuring application of DoD and Federal controls and policies; develops and manages spreadsheets for non-accountable property accountability.
- Assists with overseeing client-based hardware maintenance contracts, ensuring that contract requirements are met and resolving problems with performance.
- Interacts with contractors regarding equipment repair, systems installations and upgrade.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required (up to 15%).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503401500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.