This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST). The incumbent is an IT Specialist responsible for providing timely, effective, comprehensive, and quality customer care, IT products, and services to the Office of Inspector General.Learn more about this agency
- Assists with the lifecycle of IT equipment, including desktop/laptop/thin client computers, monitors, printers, peripherals, and specialized software.
- Identifies requirements for new hardware/software and oversees the installation, maintenance, and management of warranties, service, and other manufacturer support for IT equipment.
- Analyzes customer service call metrics, data, and surveys, reviews user requirements and property requests, and develops options to maximize return on investment.
- Performs market research and cost benefit analysis, and evaluates products for compatibility and compliance with existing equipment, systems, and environment.
- Assists with managing incorporation of new client-based IT equipment and systems to ensure minimum disruption to operations and optimum customer support.
- Manages accountable IT property accountability, ensuring application of DoD and Federal controls and policies, and develops and manages spreadsheets for non-accountable property accountability.
- Assists with overseeing client-based hardware maintenance contracts, ensuring that contract requirements are met and resolving problems with performance, and interacts with contractors regarding equipment repair, systems installations, and upgrades.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503346600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.