This vacancy is for a Geographer position at the Chicago Regional Census Center located in Chicago, IL.
This position has a positive education requirement-please refer to the education section for additional information.
This is a Time Limited Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 2 years. This appointment may be extended at management’s discretion.
Relocation expenses will NOT be paid.
A trial period may be required.Learn more about this agency
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
- Uses geographic information systems (GIS) and other geographic methods to identify, process, analyze, and compare geographic and demographic patterns.
- Reviews proposals, plans, and specification for geographic operations; studies and critiques statistical methodology and general data collection specifications as the affect geographic support functions.
- Design, develop, and implement, GIS and other geographic methods to prepare spatial databases, and map population patterns.
- Acquire address lists from tax offices, city engineers, local planning agencies, utility companies, etc in order enhance, update , or create address files included in TIGER and the Master address file.
- Analyzes and reports on results of studies of population patterns; writes reports, methods documents, and articles, and creates technical presentations for meetings and conferences.
25% or less - Occasional travel may be required - 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All qualified United States citizens.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503229900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.