If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG). Our vision is to be a model oversight organization in the Federal Government by leading change, speaking truth, and promoting excellence. Adiverse organization, working together as one professional team and recognized in our field.Learn more about this agency
- Gathers, analyzes, and evaluates reports; synthetizes information gathered from data calls; communicates with subject matter experts, components and other Federal agencies; drafts responses, reports or other material; and identifies issues and solutions; and contributes to the production of complex oversight publications.
- Independently researches, writes, and edits reports that are accurate, timely and suitable for the intended audience, occasion and purpose. The development of these reports requires Knowledge of the OFS/OIR/OPE-P missions; Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD), Department of State (DOS), U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and of other entities contributing the declared OCO missions.
- Manages sets of data from systems of high complexity; aggregates data from source systems, translates and reports results; manages the integration of new data feeds to ensure accuracy, completeness, and quality of the source system data.
- Assists with coordination of Lead IG publications, reviews data and publications for content, organization, and compliance with current guidance; supports the publication-based data call function; ensures responses are submitted; manages internal and external coordination of new or revised publications to ensure all prescribed procedures are followed.
- Provides oversight and instruction to OIG/Lead JG teams, coordinating schedules, tracking projects, and serving as an on-site liaison between ODIG OCO headquarters and OCO locations; makes on-site decisions when needed on urgent operational problems, interpreting and ensuring adherence to OIG policies and standards.
- Establishes and maintains a liaison role with officials of DoD, other Federal agencies, on-site military command and civilian officials and representatives of other governments as needed for management and support of OIG/Lead IG activities; represents ODIG OCO and the OIG in coordinating operations.
- Skillfully anticipates and prevents complex, sensitive problems; skillfully negotiates and implements solutions and is adept at balancing requirements with resource and policy requirements.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503161500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.