This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of the Administrator.Learn more about this agency
As a Chief Health Informatics Officer, GS-0601-15, you will develop requirements and content for health-related information technology with an initial focus on improving innovation and interoperability.
- Develop health IT and information management strategy for CMS and HHS as it impacts the mission of CMS.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine how CMS will apply health informatics methods and standards to IT and business solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise for health IT information management and technology innovation policy.
- Supervise, direct, and coordinate the work of subordinate staff.
- Act as a liaison between CMS and private industry stakeholders to lead innovation and help inform CMS health IT and information management policy and operations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502923200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.