This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS) and for one vacancy located in Portland, OR and for one vacancy located in Sacramento, CA.Learn more about this agency
Salary ranges will vary based on the location. Please visit: OPM Salary Charts for specific salary information related to a specific location.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-WR-2018-0151, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other IT Specialist, GS-2210-13 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As an IT Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Develop and implement technology solutions with responsibility for reviewing and approving new information technology (IT) alternatives to increase operability. Evaluate organizational data needs and participate in security strategies.
- Develop plans for information technology (IT) projects and programs, determining factors such as project scope, specifications, costs, work plans, and materials.
- Provide applications and program support to users by performing installation, configuration and software maintenance of existing applications programs and develops programs and scripts as needed in both UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments.
- Analyze user and system requirements; determine input/output media formats; evaluate software and hardware solutions; write and modify code, program and scripts and performs testing and debugging to ensure software meets intended requirements and security.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure system security.
Occasional travel - 10% of domestic travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…* Status Candidates - Current Federal employees with competitive status or Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Veterans under VEOA or 30% Disabled and certain Military Spouses;
* Individuals with Disabilities (Schedule A);
* Peace Corps, Vista (AmeriCorps) eligibles;
* Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or other special appointing authority.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502907400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.