Assists in conducting performance, compliance and financial-related audits of LSC operations and LSC grant recipients. Assists with other projects including quality control reviews, financial statement reviews and oversight, and other engagements. Conducts work in accordance with Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), AICPA standards and OIG guidelines.Learn more about this agency
Reports to, and receives day-to-day guidance and assignments from an Audit Manager and/or the auditor-in-charge (AIC) of the assigned project.
- Serves as member of audit teams.
- Performs specified audit tasks.
- Researches applicable laws, directives, regulations, manuals and audit reports to gain knowledge of areas being audited.
- Obtains, assembles, and organizes background information for conducting audits.
- Participates in developing audit plans and programs.
- Performs audit steps as set forth by supervisor.
- Conducts interviews. Participates in discussions and briefings with auditees.
- Gathers, analyzes, and synthesizes information.
- Prepares audit documentation in accordance with standards and OIG guidelines.
- Briefs audit team members, supervisor, and OIG management on results of analysis and reviews.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor on findings and recommendations related to audit work. Drafts audit report sections as assigned.
- Communicates effectively with audit team and OIG and LSC contacts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - 25% or Greater. Travel is required and a portion of the work occurs onsite at various Legal Services Corporation grantee locations throughout the U.S. and its territories.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502772100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.