As Social Media Editor in the News Center, this individual will be responsible for setting strategy and supervising a staff of editors, reporters, and producers implementing projects, reports, and promotions of VOA's materials generated by the Social Media Team. He/she will be directing social content, increasing engagement on all platforms, and assessing language service materials to determine what should be issued to a broader social audience.Learn more about this agency
As Supervisory Social Media Editor, the incumbent leads and supervises a team of professional reporters and editors who are charged with creating graphics, videos, photo blogs, quizzes, Facebook lives, streams and other materials for use on the News Center's social media platforms and for versioning by language services. He/she will also actively participate in the implementation of the strategy, creating content, writing, posting in different social media platforms, and editing (Photo/video/text). Additionally, this individual:
- Sets strategy and goals, creates social media content and oversees the team's effort to implement these goals by training and managing the team.
- Provides expert guidance and editorial direction for social media products and creates new ways to use the platforms to meet agency goals.
- Creates graphics, videos, photo blogs, quizzes, Facebook lives, streams, and other social media materials.
- Communicates frequently with the team to make sure that all work related issues are understood, are on top of the news and knows what enterprise content is coming; provides easy reversion content that is useful to the language services; and ensures comprehensive and timely coverage and necessary updates, as needed.
- Works closely with the VOA Digital Strategy team.
- Comes up with new strategies for hitting goals, especially those, which engages VOA's News Center targeted audiences.
- Utilizes metrics to assess views and engagement and provides expert analysis about what VOA audiences want and react to, suggesting new angles or areas of coverage.
- Leads social media team in creating, editing, and scheduling posts across all News Center platforms.
- Guides reporters, editors, and producers on reporting for social media and creating content for different platforms.
- Works with assignments, TV and Hub editors to assign reporting for social media content; and guides staff in using social media as a reporting tool.
- Leads content marketing and sets ad budgets and campaigns.
- Develops and implements social media campaigns, including engagement tactics and brand awareness for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Develops and directs paid social media advertising campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and emerging channels.
- Stays current on all digital media technologies trends, and best practices.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502636600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.