The Appellate Litigation Section is seeking an experienced attorney for the position of Assistant General Counsel, a supervisory-level position. The Section handles employment discrimination cases in the U.S. Courts of Appeals and, working in conjunction with the Solicitor General, in the Supreme Court.Learn more about this agency
The work of the Section includes appeals from district court judgments in cases the EEOC's trial divisions have brought against private employers or, in ADEA or EPA cases, against non-federal government employers.
The Appellate Litigation Section has two Assistant General Counsels who report directly to the Associate General Counsel.
Duties include, but are not limited to,
· Serving as the reviewer on all cases involving attorneys assigned to them
· Providing guidance to attorneys as they develop appeal or amicus recommendations
· Assisting the Associate General Counsel in management of the Section
· Serving as a judge for moot courts
· Handling other special assignments to be made by the Associate General Counsel
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502330000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.