About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Employees occupying these positions will provide emergency support to disaster stricken areas throughout the US Employee must pass a stringent medical screening and be prepared to live and work in extremely austere conditions. Work schedule will initially be arduous, with much overtime. Sleeping arrangements may be limited to using a sleeping bag or in the vehicle used to move from location to location. The duty station for pay purposes for these positions is Kennewick, WA.
- Collect, assemble, prepare, and disseminate information concerning the various programs of the organization.
- Assist in the development and coordination of the public information program within the guidelines.
- Plan and coordinate special events, activities, programs, and projects.
- Disseminate general and technical information to the public media, congressional, special interest groups, and internal audiences in suppport of the natural disaster and emergency situations.
- Utilize various communication media such as newspapers/newsletters, periodicals, radio and television, speeches, and videos.
75% or less - Business Travel up to 75% of the time is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502264000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.