This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of Communications,Office of Communications (OC), Media Relations Group (MRG).Learn more about this agency
As a Media Relations Advisor, GS-0301-14, you will serve as a technical advisor who assists the Group Director and Deputy Director with leading, directing, planning, and coordinating the monitoring, evaluation, and program integrity of CMS' media relations program.
- Review and evaluate the information prepared for release to news media to be sure it has sufficient value to warrent its release on a national basis.
- Serve as an advisor to the Media Relations Group Director, providing guidance and support to the Director on key mission-critical issues, initiatives, and agency functions in the areas of strategic communications and media relations.
- Lead teams or oversees the work of the public affairs staff, ensuring that the team's work is completed expeditiously, economically, and efficiently in accordance with established policies and objectives.
- Intiate, create, write, and edit materials, including news releases, press statements, fact sheets, and frequently asked questions about CMS programs and intiatives.
- Liaise with high-level officials at the Office, Agency, or Department level, as well as OMB Office of Management and Budget/White House, also serving as a liaison to similarly placed executives of external organizations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501993900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.