DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.Learn more about this agency
- Performs office automation work, including word processing, and a variety of clerical functions in support of the school to which assigned.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, forms, reports, and statistical material in draft or final form from oral instruction, handwritten drafts, typewritten rough drafts, or voice recordings.
- Responsible for correct format, spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Inputs and extracts information from an automated database, spreadsheet, or other software document.
- Performs a variety of substantive duties such as ensuring background material, files, and reports are retrieved and assembled for incoming requests or written correspondence. Performs basic fact-finding tasks, copies pertinent material, retrieves files, maintains inventory records, replenishes supplies, and makes telephone inquiries to obtain information.
- Responds to questions and inquiries requiring a basic knowledge of the organization, mission, and functions of the organizational unit to which assigned.
- Assists with or exercises responsibility for compiling various statistical reports relating to the work unit.
- Assists higher-graded personnel in special projects by performing various clerical support functions.
- Organizes and maintains office files and records. Manages suspense files and related internal administrative controls.
- Receives visitors to the work unit and answers phone calls, directing inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Makes travel arrangements, keeps time and attendance records, opens and distributes mail, and directs calls to various organizations (DoDEA areas, districts, schools, etc.).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501699400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.