The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position will be located at our Fort Irwin Directorate of Family, Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Kennel Facility Building 978, next to the Veterinary Clinic.
- Receives and shelters animals brought to the veterinarian clinic for treatment, temporary care or disposal.
- Observes animals and notifies supervisor of abnormal appearance. Feeds animals taking care to measure food portions according to feeding instructions.
- Keeps records on animals in the facility. Assists other workers to restrain and treat animals.
- Cleans and disinfects animal feeding utensils and pen areas.
- Maintains stock of cleaning materials and other items used. Mows grass and cleans yard of animal litter.
- Clears drains in runs. Empties garbage. May be required to operate a motor vehicle to transport supplies and laboratory samples.
- Ability to recognize obvious changes to the normal appearance and activities of animals. Ability to handle animals and clean work areas.
- Performs assigned tasks independently.
- Frequently lift and carry items and animals weighing over 70 pounds. Moderate effort is required to operate power washing and mowing equipment.
- Exposed to unpleasant odors and noises, animal bites, scratches and contagious diseases. May he required to wear protective equipment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501592200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.