You will serve as a Construction Analyst for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Damage Verification Center - DVC in Herndon, Virginia. The DVC provides fully qualified and trained SBA Construction Analysts who respond to disaster emergencies, often within 48 hours or less, throughout the United States and its territories.Learn more about this agency
As a Construction Analyst at the GS-0828-11/12, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Determining the cause and extent of damages and methods of making repairs to residential and business structures.
- Estimating the cost to repair and replace personal, business and commercial property.
- Using computers to upload and retrieve work assignments and perform internet research.
- Leading teams or projects to accomplish goals.
- The salary range above reflects the employee's base salary. Locality Pay will be added based on the employee's duty location.
- This is a Cadre position, which is a competitive service status position with a full-time seasonal work schedule. Although highly unlikely, depending on the level of disaster activity, you may be placed in a non-duty status if there is insufficient work. This would be extremely unusual and has not occurred in numerous years.
- If required to travel to a disaster site, you may encounter hazardous working and/or living conditions, for example, no water or electricity and/or minimal lodging facilities. Travel expenses are compensated based on SBA policy and Federal regulations.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and twelve to fourteen hours a day).
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
- This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures, announcement # MP-18-022-DVC-10222158. In order to receive consideration as a status candidate, you must apply to the Merit Promotion announcement.
75% or less - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501483700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.