This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), DODIG - DIG FOR ADMINISTRATIVE INV. As a Special Assistant (AI), GS-0301-14, your typical work assignments may include the following:Learn more about this agency
- Identifies programs and processes that require revision or new program approaches and collaborates with senior leadership in design and implementation.
- As required, prepares procedures and instructions for use throughout and documents processes and decisions.
- Manages special assignments that originate from the DIG OIG components or external agencies; develops plans for and monitors progress in response and coordinates with responsible organizations.
- Reviews final products, to ensure an integrated response that considers all relevant perspectives.
- Maintains awareness of critical and sensitive issues, policy and program changes of DoD and OIG and changes in investigation protocols and standards.
- Advises the DIG on current issues and recommends methods of addressing them . Ensures timely implementation of new requirements and that priorities of the DIG are fully considered and addressed.
- Coordinates front office taskings and ensures completion in accordance with deadlines. These include the annual Strategic Plan, the Semiannual Report to Congress, the Annual Statement of Assurance, and other organizational reporting requirements.
- Oversees the preparation of responses to congressional inquiries and information and action memos for the Secretary of Defense. Responsible for the review of correspondence for the DIG and ensures compliance with relevant editorial and style guides.
- Represents the DIG in inter-agency and intra-agency negotiations, discussions, working groups and both formal and informal advisory forums to present, defend, and negotiate positions and recommendations
- Responsible for strategic planning and evaluation and for related processes and requirements, including, but not limited to the annual Strategic Plan, Growth Plan, Annual Statement of Assurance, and the Semiannual Report to the Congress.
- Manages a variety of special projects that cross organizational lines within AI and involve other OIG component and DoD organizations.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501371800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.