DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Office of Investigations - Labor Racketeering and Fraud, Headquaters. OIs' mission is two-fold:(1) to conduct criminal investigations relating to programs and operations of the Department of Labor, in order to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in such programs and operations;and (2) to identify and reduce labor racketeering and corruption in employee benefit plans, labor-management relations, and internal union affairs, and to investigate activity by traditional and non-traditional organized crime groups that adversely affect the American worker.
This position is at the full performance level of the GS-15.
This position is outside the bargaining unit.
A Permanent Change of Station (PCS) incentive will not be offered.
Relocation Incentive may be offered.
Higher grade level 1811s may receive biweekly and annual premium pay caps (refer to OPM website).
Duties consists of:
1. As the Special Agent-in-Charge, directs Investigative and Administrative Operations independently. Provides policies and procedures, technical guidance and direction to all Office of Investigations – Labor Racketeering and Fraud (OI) offices and applicable personnel concerning investigative and administrative matters including planning, developing, coordinating and controlling short and long range investigative plans for the purpose of attaining maximum results in the execution of the OI's investigative mission.
2. Manages Headquarters (HQ) personnel matters by recruiting and hiring staff and providing the same with work assignments and training to meet their development needs. Evaluates the technical and overall performance of HQ staff; counsels employees, recommends awards for deserving staff; takes disciplinary and dismissal actions; and takes necessary action on other matters related to personnel management and staff development. Recommends or develops and implements organization changes including periodic rotation of staff responsibilities to adjust for staffing balances and capabilities, workload changes and special assignments.
3. Develops an overall OI annual plan to detail the direction OI will be taking concerning program fraud and labor racketeering investigative matters and nationwide projects. Analyzes regional operational plans to ensure a balanced investigative program, and monitors execution of the plan throughout the year, making necessary adjustments to meet changing conditions.
4. Coordinates with other Agency personnel in the successful development of OI’s portion of the Inspector General's Semiannual Report to Congress. Analyzes directs and oversees the review and confirmation of investigative results, trends and significant accomplishments during the reporting period to ensure that they are accurately described and reported.
5. Represents the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) and/or Deputy Assistant Inspector General (DAIG) at various executive committee meetings that are relevant to the OIG mission. Continuously interacts with other law enforcement, the Department of Justice and other entities, and as warranted participates in conferences, seminars, trainings, etc.
50% or less - May require frequent travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current/former Federal employees w/ competitive/reinstatement eligibility; ICTAP and CTAP eligibles in the local commuting area; Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500799400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.