This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS) with two vacancies in the Office of Habitat Conservation (OHC) and two vacancies in the Office of Sustainable Fisheries (OSF).
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZA-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
The full performance level of this position is ZA-4. The ZA-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-2018-0010, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation incentives may be authorized.
* Payment of recruitment incentives may be authorized.Learn more about this agency
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Communications Specialist, ZA-1001-3 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Communications Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Develop inreach, outreach, and communications activities and products to raise awareness and visibility of the office’s products and services.
- Establish and maintain mutual communications between the National Marine Fisheries service and industry, universities, other government agencies, and the general public.
- Create and update communications products in support of the office’s mission, including press releases, brochures, web content, social media, and major reports.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% of travel may be required for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…* All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500690000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.