Apply for this exciting position to support the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.Learn more about this agency
For over two centuries the USCG has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in U.S. Coast Guard, Sector Guam, Santa Rita, Guam.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
This role provides Maritime Security preparedness planning, subject matter expertise, and technical support for Area Maritime Security (AMS) Plans and procedures.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing, maintaining, testing and supporting implementation of Area Maritime Security (AMS), Salvage Response Plans (SRP) and Marine Transportation System (MTS) recovery plans and procedures.
- Coordinating consultation and advisory and technical support with AMS Committee (AMSC) and other stakeholders.
- Assessing maritime security risks to MTS recovery waterways and harbor clearance including salvage response activities.
- Providing preparedness planning and incident and incident management technical support for development of linkages, compatibility and mutual support among AMS, Area Contingency, natural disaster, mass rescue, radiological/nuclear detection, and similar port-level plans and procedures.
- Maintaining MTS recovery, salvage response planning and technical references.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be requried for this position. May involve extended air travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Merit Promotion, Status Candidates, Current Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, Overseas Employees, Former Overseas Employees, CTAP, ICTAP, VEOA, 30% Disabled, Schedule A, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, Peace Corps, Americorps, Vista
For definitions of common terms found in this announcement click here
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500661900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.