This Term Appointment will be for a 13-month period. As an employee on a Term Appointment, you will not acquire competitive status and you will not be covered by the agency's Interchange Agreement with the Office of Personnel Management, which allows for noncompetitive transfer from CNCS to other agencies in the competitive service of the federal government. More information about interchange agreements can be found HERE.Learn more about this agency
- Advancing CNCS' strategic goals through focused activities.
- Contributing to executive-level policy initiatives, including development of new programs, and strengthening high-level stakeholder partnerships.
- Supporting select projects across the agency based on CNCS' priorities and your skills and interests, including: program management, research, writing, editing, data analysis, event planning, supervising student interns, and public speaking engagements.
- Gaining in-depth insight into the operations of a federal agency, including interacting with and possibly traveling on behalf of CNCS.
- Supporting national service participation on the ground during disaster response and recovery, as necessary.
- Developing management abilities through training and mentoring with Eli's family and colleagues, as well as executive leaders in federal government and the non-profit world.
- Participating in the Eli J. Segal Citizen Leadership Program, a national network which aims to inspire, support, and enable new generations of leaders (http://segal.brandeis.edu/).
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500466500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.