This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN EXPEDITED HIRING AUTHORITY ANNOUNCEMENT. The Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY 2009 provides that the Secretary of Defense can designate acquisition positions as shortage positions and recruit and appoint highly qualified persons to these positions. This announcement is open to accept resumes from candidates interested in helping the Department of the Navy meet our mission requirements for the acquisition of systems, equipment and facilities.
- You will provide technical expertise on processing and properties of all types of main charge and booster explosives including pressed, melt cast, castable plastic bonded, extruded, and injection loadable explosives.
- You will serve as the co-chairman of the Code M21 Specification Review Board, and will be responsible for configuration management of all Navy in-service explosive specifications and Navy Munition Data (NMD) for all U.S. Navy ordnance.
- You will coordinate with the Explosives Technical Warrant Holder, Navy Program Offices, NOSSA, other services within the DoD, private industry (both domestic and international), and foreign governments.
- You will directly interface with Department, Customer Advocate, and Technical Director Leadership within NSWCIHEODTD.
- You will serve on explosive selection committees for new ordnance applications.
- You will be responsible for mentoring and training project engineers in the technical aspects of explosive processing, explosive load design, and explosive documentation configuration control.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500446700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.