About the Position: The District is located near downtown Jacksonville with easy access to a major interstate highway, flexi-time work schedule with credit hour option, workspace cubicles in a corporate business setting with security, free parking with shuttle bus service, eating facilities within building and nearby, onsite ATMs and gym. More information about the Jacksonville District is located at http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/.Learn more about this agency
The target grade for this position is GS-12.
- Conduct anthropological/archeological/historical studies of cultural resources.
- Prepare anthropological/archeological/and historical reports.
- Participate in contract execution for archeological services.
- Prepare time and cost estimates.
- Develop environmentally sensitive plans and participate fully in the planning process.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the archeological, geological, and historical surveys with universities, museums, historical societies, and local, State, and other Federal agencies for District programs.
- Responsible for reports on items of pre-historical and historical significance for survey reports, design memoranda, environmental assessments, and environmental impact statements associated with District programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500337900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.