About the Position: This is a position with the Office of the Director of Joint Staff, National Guard Bureau, in Arlington, VA.Learn more about this agency
About the Surrounding Area: Situated in Northern Virginia on the south bank of the Potomac River directly across from Washington D.C., Arlington is headquarters to many departments and agencies of the federal government, including the Department of Defense and is the location of many national memorials and monuments.
This position is a TERM position. It is a time-limited and may be extended up to a maximum of six years. This position may be converted to permanent career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least 2 years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service AND employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent
- Provide policy advice to National Guard Bureau (NGB) leadership regarding the budget and audit readiness process.
- Initiate, oversee and ensure timely submission of the Joint Staff Annual Assurance Statement.
- Justifiy, present and defend the Joint Staff fiscal program.
- Provide sound and accurate policy advice to NGB leadership regarding the budget and audit readiness processes.
- Serve as the subject matter expert and lead for Joint Staff fiscal and resource matters.
- Review and ensure all National Guard conferences and reporting to comply with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Develop recommendations and guidance for distribution throughout the National Guard Enterprise (NGE).
- Plan and develop oversight and analysis of all Joint Staff program funding.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499253100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.