Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
This position is also being announced through Government-Wide procedure under Announcement #FAM-HQ-FLIGHTOP-18-451538G. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.Learn more about this agency
This Writer-Editor position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Office of Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Services, Flight Operations Division, Operations Branch, Transportation Security Operations Center (TSOC) in Herndon, VA. If selected for this position, you will provide expert operational support to a variety of functions in support of organizational economy and efficiency within the Flight Operations Division to develop and/or provide recommendations on a variety of written products and communication platforms. You will also provide professional writing, editing and oral presentations that convey complex information about TSA. Typical assignments include but are not limited to:
- Serving as the subject matter expert and consultant, as a member of inter-agency teams or standing committees addressing how to best write and edit a wide range of highly complex law enforcement related material and mission critical subject matter of a sensitive nature.
- Performing research to develop authoritative information to reflect in materials and projects covering topics pertaining to the TSA mission, functions, goals, programs, priorities, activities, accomplishments, interaction with other TSA and DHS components, and other federal agencies requiring a response.
- Preparing and/or reviewing speeches for senior leadership. Planning and managing the content of periodicals, websites and other formats from initial concept to final production, selecting content themes and writing original materials for publications. Preparing oral briefings and written statuses for senior leadership.
- Developing networks and building alliances, collaborating across boundaries, and finding common ground with a wide range of stakeholders and subject matter experts. Identifying and resolving challenging issues related to written correspondence and various methods to provide written communications to TSOC personnel.
- Performing required shift work to accomplish activities within established time frames and schedules while primarily providing overnight support to meet early morning deadlines.
- Identifying potentially controversial information and recognizing materials requiring review and input by senior staff; coordinating to ensure that potential conflicts are resolved prior to publication.
- Applying extensive knowledge and expertise of the topic area provided to ensure accuracy. Ensuring all written materials meet established standards for appearance and content (e.g., grammar, metrics).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Open to all U.S. Citizens.
Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 28.22%.
This position is located in Herndon, VA.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498950000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.