About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.Learn more about this agency
Join a motivated and diverse team engaged in challenging and dynamic work at a new garrison dedicated to direct support of the Reagan Test Site's three critical strategic mission areas: missile testing, operational space surveillance, and technology development for future systems and sensors. United States Army Garrison Kwajalein Atoll is a small community, proud of its historic significance that though remote, provides most services found on Army garrisons. Services include a small, non-DODEA K-12 school system, a CYSS, and medical facility (no specialty care, pre-employment physical exam required). Family member screening and evaluation due to limited exceptional family member resources. Located 2400 miles southwest of Hawaii in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, surrounding one of the world's largest tropical lagoons, you can enjoy access to activities such as world-class diving, snorkeling, fishing, golfing, boating, and organized sports, as well as, beautiful beaches, a year-round tropical climate, and a short walk or bike-to-work (no POVs). One to three bedroom housing, with utilities, provided.
As a Protocol Officer you will serve as a confidential advisor to and planner for the Director of Host Nation and also Commander, U.S. Army Garrison - Kwajalein Atoll your duties will be, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in dealing with complexities of diplomatic protocol activities relating to visitors.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and accomplish protocol activities of the organization.
- Develop local policies, and establish the detailed procedures for the effective handling of distinguished visitors to Kwajalein.
- Review policies and procedures to ensure that they meet the requirements of the command.
- Research background information on visitors in order to apprise the Commander of the focus, goals and purpose of visit.
- Develop, coordinate and publish detailed and personalized visit itineraries for distribution.
- Serve as escort officer and factotum to assist all distinguished visitors.
- Coordinate specialized tours and arranges for guides and interpreters as required.
- Prepare and brief on the status of the protocol program.
- Arrange all details for receptions, formal dinners, and other appropriate social functions.
- Maintain financial records for both funds in audit-ready conditions,
- Prepare claims from the protocol office and host nation activities office in accordance with financial regulations.
- Compile information and prepares correspondence concerning visits, tours, and other information relating to the handling of distinguished visitors.
Occasional travel - This position may require 10% travel for official duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498846300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.