The National Library of Medicine (NLM), on the campus of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, has been a center of information innovation since its founding in 1836. The world's largest biomedical library, NLM maintains and makes available a vast print collection and produces electronic information resources on a wide range of topics that are searched billions of times each year by millions of people around the globe. It also supports and conducts research, development, and training in biomedical informatics and health information technology. In addition, the Library coordinates a 6,500-member National Network of Libraries of Medicine that promotes and provides access to health information in communities across the United States.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Division of Library Operations (DLO), Public Services Division (PSD), Reference and Web Services Section (RWSS).
As a Supervisory Technical Information Specialist, you will:
- Provide leadership and direction to a staff of professional librarians and technical information specialist, and library technical support staff.
- Advise the Section Head and Division management or Library Operations in establishing policies.
- Serve as the Project Officer or Contracting Officers Representative on contracts.
- Collaborate with other operational units to coordinate interrelated matters; advise the Section Head, Division Chief and other managers and initiate and carry out solutions to matters affecting the Units services.
- Represent NLM at professional meetings with federal and private organizations, and at conferences on topics related to the work of the Section.
- Interact with regional, national and international visitors representing the work of the Unit and Section; take actions, as necessary, to use expertise to improve Section services and to share NLM expertise.
- Use expert knowledge to provide policy and budget guidance to the Section Head, Division Chief, and the Associate Director and Deputy Associate Director, Library Operations.
- Prepare routine and specialized analytical and statistical reports to evaluate existing programs to develop new and/or improved approaches to ensure NLMs policies effectively support its programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498406800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.