The Deputy Inspector General for Policy and Oversight (DIG-P&O) mission is to:Learn more about this agency
Provides oversight and policy guidance for DoD audit and investigative activities.
Conducts engineering assessments of DoD programs.
Provides technical advice and support to DoD OIG projects.
Manages the DoD OIG Subpoena and Contractor Disclosure Programs.
As a General Engineer GS-0801-13 your typical work assignments will include the following:
- Provides engineering inspections and evaluations in support of various DoDIG projects
- Assists in designing and conducting technical inspections and evaluations that are independent and objective in highly technical areas
- Participates in and/or leads inspections, audits, and evaluations
- Collects and compiles data for completing analysis, tabulations, charts and graphs
- Develops proposed findings and recommendations from inspections and evaluations
- Provides DoDIG and employees with technical and professional assistance on engineering matters
- Provides guidance on major weapons production engineering, system logistics and modification support, commodities and services, construction and architect engineer procurement and procurements by US or foreign governments
- Prepares and presents reports for inspections, audits, and evaluations in writing and orally
- Reviews systems and acquisition programs at various life cycle stages from technology development through production and deployment
- Researches new government and industry engineering practices
- Evaluates and provides comments on proposed audits, inspections, evaluations or studies
As a General Engineer GS-0801-14 your typical work assignments will include the following:
- Serves as the technical authority for multiple disciplines of engineering related to design, manufacturing, testing, and quality of complex aerospace or defense systems
- Designs and conducts independent and objective technical assessments, primarily involving complex aerospace and defense systems
- Participates in inspections, audits, evaluations, and assessments on design, manufacturing, production testing, and quality of complex weapon systems
- Participates in or leads technical assessments with emphasis on multiple disciplines of engineering
- Assembles and compiles data for analysis, tabulation, charts, and graphs
- Develops proposed findings and recommendations resulting from assessments on design, manufacturing, production testing, and quality of complex weapon systems
- Prepares and presents reports of analyses and assessments on design, manufacturing, production testing, and quality of complex weapon systems
- Maintains and expands knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines and related engineering analysis with respect to design, manufacturing, production testing, and quality of complex weapon systems
Occasional travel - Requires less than 25% of temporary duty travel (TDY)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498329900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.