About the Position:Learn more about this agency
- This position may be filled by temporary promotion or temporary reassignment.
- Temporary promotion/reassignment may be extended up to a maximum of five years.
- Competitive temporary promotion or reassignment may be made permanent without further competition.
The US Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center (NSRDEC) is a Customer-Driven, Customer-Focused organization, and is internationally known as a preeminent provider of research, development, engineering and integration services in the areas of soldier and squad protection and systems integration, military rations and field feeding equipment, military parachuting and airdrop systems, and expeditionary basing. Through our research in areas such as materials sciences, biochemistry, human performance and human sciences; technology development and integration; and systems engineering, product development and support, the NSRDEC plays a vital role in maximizing the effectiveness of America's military. Help shape our future to become the Leader in Empowering the World's Most Capable Soldiers.
We are conveniently located on the shores of Lake Cochituate, in Natick, MA, (a suburb of Boston, near Routes 9, 90, 95 and 495). Parking is free and access to site facilities is available to include an on-site federal credit union, recreational facilities (swimming pool, tennis and basketball courts), barbershop, dining facility, and post-exchange store. Additional information on the town of Natick, MA can be found at: http://natickma.virtualtownhall.net/Public_Documents/index
- Serves as Branch Chief reporting directly to the SPOD Director.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and exploiting basic and applied research involving physical and/or cognitive Soldier optimization Science and Technology.
- Establishes and communicates technology transition strategies.
- Performs periodic management reviews of projects within the branch to monitor cost, schedule, and performance.
- Reviews and evaluates research proposals and necessary program documentation in accordance with established annual business process schedule.
- Maintains and grows important customer/partnership relationships for the NSRDEC serving as a senior directorate representative to external customers/partners and various stakeholder groups.
- Maintains critical liaison activities and evaluates developments across academia, the DoD, and other Federal agencies, allied nations and international organizations to leverage the most advanced research, industrial and military developments.
- Reviews and approves branch manpower plans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498255300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.