The Deputy Inspector General for Policy and Oversight (DIG-P&O) mission is to:
- Provide oversight and policy guidance for DoD audit and investigative activities
- Conduct engineering assessments of DoD programs.
- Provide technical advice and support to DoD OIG projects.
- Operate the DoD OIG subpoena and contractor disclosure programs.
- Plans and executes evaluations of criminal investigations within the Department of Defense related to suspected violations of laws, regulations, and policies.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts evaluations of investigative and law enforcement programs.
- Plans and executes Congressional and special investigations of DoD matters as directed by the Inspector General.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts highly complex oversight reviews of violent and other crime to ensure compliance with investigative directives, standards, and guidelines.
- Prepares impartial, clear and concise investigative and evaluation reports to be issued by the Office of Inspector General.
- Evaluates Department of Defense-wide policies regarding criminal matters of interest to the Department; identifies the need for revisions, changes or deletions of current policies, procedures or practices.
- Analyzes affidavits to support the issuance of subpoenas related to violations of criminal law and violations of the False Claims Act.
25% or less - Approximately 25% of work time will require travel within and outside the U.S.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498209100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.