This position is in the Senior Executive Service (SES), a small elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations. As an executive, you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government and lead the next generation of public servants.Learn more about this agency
The Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG) offers potential applicants more than just jobs and professions. A career with the DoD OIG offers those who qualify an opportunity to serve our Nation and those who are defending it worldwide. This position provides the opportunity to apply the depth and breadth of your experience to strengthening the integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Department of Defense.
The position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The Inspector General (IG) reports to the Secretary of Defense and the Congress. The DoD OIG has responsibility to detect and deter fraud, waste, and abuse, and promote the economy and efficiency of DoD Programs and operations, in accordance with the Inspector General Act of 1978, P.L. 95-452, as amended.
- The Assistant Inspector General for Data Analytics serves as the principal advisor for the analysis of data supporting investigations, audits, and evaluations, and conducts long-range planning and integration of data analytics into key OIG processes to facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Develops short-term data analytics integration efforts by evaluating the feasibility of using data analytics to facilitate specific investigations, audits, and evaluations. Develops long-term data analytics integration solutions by evaluating OIG oversight operations and developing options to broadly integrate data analytics across the OIG enterprise. Ensures appropriate reliable data is collected, protected, and stored to support numerous oversight efforts.
- Plans, directs, and implements:
- The OIG's data analytics enterprise strategy and daily program activities;
- Appropriate data governance, consisting of effective policy and standards for data quality and lifecycle management for a wide variety of data types across all classification levels;
- Data analysis services, ensuring appropriate data set acquisition, integration, and dissemination of data analytic results;
- Data analytics program management, including project management, change management, communications, and training;
- Broad advisory services and subject matter expertise for data analytics across the OIG.
- Improves how the OIG collects, analyzes, and manages data that may or may not be readily available. Ensures appropriate data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely to support the oversight mission and activities of the OIG. Improves how the OIG describes the magnitude and impact of findings in investigation, audit, and evaluation reports.
- Develops and implements a data services strategy to maximize the use of OIG data analytics for internal users, including data warehouses, large data sets, business intelligence tools, and staff training.
- Develops OIG-wide data analytics policy, including a formal data governance framework and data life cycle practices, to optimize the contributions of data analytics capabilities to OIG oversight of DoD programs and operations.
Occasional travel - As required (e.g., site visits to field offices, conferences, and etc.)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498014100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.