This Term Appointment will initially be for a two-year period, but may be extended for a total of five years. Should the need arise, this position may be made permanent without further competition.Learn more about this agency
As an employee on a Term Appointment, you will not acquire competitive status and you will not be covered by the agency's Interchange Agreement with the Office of Personnel Management, which allows for noncompetitive transfer from CNCS to other agencies in the competitive service of the federal government. More information about interchange agreements can be found HERE.
This position is located in the Office of External Affairs, Department of the Chief Executive Officer, in Washington, DC.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining the CNCS national and programmatic social media presence as well as co-leading the presence throughout the state offices.
The incumbent will act as the social media technical and strategic lead to ensure all archiving, policy obligations and government wide guidance is followed. Working with the user community and multiple internal customers, the Social Media Manager will ensure the integrity, positioning, and appropriateness of content is properly messaged across all CNCS social media accounts.
The Social Media Manager will also work across the agency and with our field and external partners on strategic content development, analyzing success of campaigns, staying abreast of the latest trends for effective communication to targeted audiences, and focusing content to bring maximum awareness and visibility for the work supported by CNCS.
- Provides strategic direction for social media accounts across CNCS account holders and leads content development in support of the strategy.
- Ensures the CNCS social media policy is followed across the agency and implementing new terms of service for third party applications is completed alongside OIT and OGC.
- Manages and contributes to the strategic development, management and production of material for CNCS national Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Maintains contacts with all CNCS programs and state office locations nationwide to solicit articles, information and stories for placement on agency-wide social media accounts including but not limited to National Service, AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, and in support of initiatives like MLK Day, September 11 Day, and National Service Recognition Day.
- Writes short features and selects images that are relevant to CNCS programs, special initiatives and focus areas that have wide appeal to agency-wide online public presence.
- Strategically manages and contributes to content management of CNCS Twitter accounts including CEO, National Service, AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, and MLK Day. Selects and updates content daily to highlight the stories, videos, special initiatives and other content that is relevant to the national service audience. Monitors activity on all CNCS accounts and responds to comments when appropriate. Cross-posts videos on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites to increase viewership.
- Provides strategic management for CNCS Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn and Snapchat and other select social media accounts by collaborating and coordinating with colleagues across the agency, grantees, state service commissions, federal agencies, and other stakeholders, on presence as well as content creation, strategy and programming content for day-today operations.
- Leads or co-leads the state offices with approved accounts by conducting weekly meetings, adhoc trainings and social media presentations to ensure that messaging is clear and policy is being followed.
- Provides managers and specialists in the Office of External Affairs with social media expertise, strategic direction, and assistance with other mission-related tasks.
- Conducts analyses of usage metrics and social media statistics to gauge effectiveness and make recommendations for future decisions and strategic direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/497912700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.