This position is being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for Financial Management Experts. OIG has delegated authority by the office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified candidates possessing a finance, accounting, management, or actuarial science degree, or a related degree for an accredited college or university in a field of study, or equivalent experience, related to the functions if the positions to be filled. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. We reserve the right to close this announcement early or to extend, as appropriate, based upon the needs of the Agency, Qualified applications packages may be referred to management at various points in the selection process depending on the number and timing of applications received Selections may be made at any point during the announcement open period.Learn more about this agency
This is an open-continuous announcement and will be used to fill vacant positions with an entry grade of GS-7 - GS-9, with a target grade of GS-13, in the following locations: Alexandria, VA, Cleveland, OH, Indianapolis, IN, or Yorktown, VA. Referral lists may be requested to fill positions for any location and entry-grade throughout the life of the announcement. Cutoff for receipt of applications will be midnight on the date that the referral list is requested. Applications received after the cutoff date, may be considered on future referral list.
No referral lists will be processed before April 25, 2018.
The minimum base salary for this position at the GS-7 step 1 is $35, 851 through the base salary of the GS-9 step 10 is $57, 015. Pay scale varies by location.
At the GS-07 level:
1. Serve as a member of an audit team.
2. Perform specified audit tasks and complete required training as directed by supervisor.
3. Research applicable laws, directives, regulations, manuals, prior studies, and audit reports to gain knowledge and understanding of areas being audited.
4. Obtain data relevant to area being audited.
5. Complete multiple steps in an audit guide as directed by the supervisor.
6. Participate in discussions with audit clients..
7. Maintains security and accountability of classified information.
At the GS-09 level:
1. Serve as a junior auditor as a member of an audit team.
2. Completes segments of an audit guide as directed.
3. Organizes and summarizes audit date to support finding elements.
4. Assists in writing segments of draft and final reports.
5. Develops audit recommendations for management action.
6. Maintains security and accountability of classified information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of temporary travel duty for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/497596300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.