If you would like to be part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The DoD OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
Learn more about this agency
The position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Auditing; Audit Leadership and Support Operations Staff (ALSO), Corporate Planning and Staff Support Management Division (CPSSM).
- - Reviews assigned reports and other written materials for consistency of mechanics and expression, logical organization and development, and general readability.
- - Reviews reports, memoranda, correspondence, and other written products and recommends edits as required for readability, tone and style to be suitable for the intended audience.
- - Recommends and discusses with the author(s) editorial changes designed to enhance the clarity of the information, grammatical accuracy, and consistency of final presentation.
- - Provides editorial recommendations to ensure reports are written in a way that supports report findings, conclusions and recommendations; and that conclusions and recommendations correspond to the job.
- - Independently develops complex training to advise writers on how to recognize and correct common errors and weaknesses in writing.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/497570700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.