This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with multiple vacancies in Seattle, Washington and Germantown, Maryland.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band.
The ZS-2 is equivalent to the GS-3/4.
The ZS-3 is equivalent to the GS-5/6.
The ZS-4 is equivalent to the GS-7/8.
The full performance level of this position is ZS-4.
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Salary ranges will vary based on the location. Please visit: http://hr.commerce.gov/Practitioners/CompensationAndLeave/DEV01_006348 for specific salary information related to a specific location.
This position is also announced under vacancy number SO-CFOFO-2018-0003, which is open to status candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Accounting Technician, ZS-0525-2/3/4 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As an Accounting Technician, you will perform the following duties:
- Prepare a variety of complex financial documents for accounting of transactions for an assigned area of responsibility. Maintain accounts, which includes the preparation and review of financial documents to verify accounting data and all necessary entries.
- Maintain accounts which include the preparation and review of routing financial documents to verify accounting data and necessary entries, utilizing the organization's computerized accounting system(s)
- Perform research of current accounts, historical data, source documents, etc., to assist in development and explanation of detailed information not otherwise readily available.
- Complete scheduled reconciliation of subsidiary accounts to the respective control accounts, various types of automated accounting reports, and in turn to general ledgers
- Work with customers in resolving receivable and loan program issues with regards to billings, collections, and debt collections. Perform general reconciliations, resolving problems, and working with other accounting technicians, operating accountants, and systems accountants to correct problems with transactions.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel is required - 10%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…* All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496756600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.