IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONLearn more about this agency
This is a term position not to exceed two years and may be extended two years.
This is an episodic, intermittent position, on an irregular or occasional basis with hours and days of work not on a prearranged schedule and with compensation for the actual time employed or for service rendered.
This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, Office of Emergency Management headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia. This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
Applicants must understand that the work performed is primarily related to readiness for and deployment for response during the aftermath of a disaster or public health emergency, where work may be field-based, that may be remote and austere, caring for sick, injured, dying, or deceased persons. This work requires above average health, physical, and mental conditioning with routine long periods of repetitive walking, bending, lifting, and carrying, such as carrying national disaster medical system equipment or heavy patients on litters. Incumbent must be capable of working in a high stress, high-security, remote, austere, and uncharacterized environment, void of infrastructure and vital services, requiring specific physical demands, such as the ability to lift 50 pounds, and work characteristics that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. For these reasons, employees are required to complete a physical and health screening process to meet and maintain certain physical standards, as well as mental, behavioral, and cognitive competencies.
NOTE: This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire authority. Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants donot apply to positions filled under this announcement. Please click here for more information on OPM's Authorization of Direct Hire authority.
- Provide administrative support for assigned Team; implementing policies and procedures; reviews directives to determine impact.
- Develops recommendations and implements new or modified guidelines, work processes and operations in order to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, or timeliness of work processes and information dissemination,
- Supports complex projects which have nationwide impact and require detailed study, compilation and analysis of facts, development of plans, and extensive coordination with other staff activities prior to presenting plans to the Team Leader or NDMS Director for approval.
- Maintain personal deployment readiness. During alert periods and deployments, the incumbent may be required to deploy with their Team to support disaster relief efforts.
- During steady state the Administrative Specialist is responsible for team readiness in the areas of supply, Human Resources (HR), payroll, travel, and administrative support.
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% international travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496706700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.