The secretary provides clerical and administrative assistance to the Chief with regard to all administrative programs that are essential to the mission of Pharmacy Service and the Medical Center. The Incumbent Plans, develops and directs the total complex administrative management of all the major sections of Pharmacy Service. The position works closely with Pharmacy Service Management and Supervisory staff but operates independently.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm / Overtime or shift work may be required based on the needs of the agency.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Secretary (OA)
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- The incumbent receives, scheduled, refers, and contacts members of the staff, agency and persons outside the agency ranging from the general public to vendors.
- The incumbent provides public contact support services via the telephone, e-mail, or in person providing information about the office, its functions, and standard operating procedures.
- The incumbent greets Service visitors to include Pharmaceutical Vendors and Medical Center Service Chief's, scheduling meeting and conferences with the Chief of the Service and Senior Staff of the four subordinate Service sections.
- The incumbent satisfies customer and public needs by providing information and/or referring to appropriate resources.
- Is the liaison officer to all levels of administrative services with in the Healthcare System (HCS), as well as the outside organizations with whom the Service has contact.
- Serves as principle timekeeper for a Service Level organization of 120 or more personnel.
- Directs the training and activities of subordinate part-time timekeepers to ensure proper allocation of compensatory time, overtime as well as all other types of leave.
- Acts as PIV Sponsor identifying that the Applicant has a need for a facility identity badge (PIV, VA Badge or One Day Pass).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496704700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.