If you would like to be a part of a Federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements. This position is located in DoD OIG - DIG FOR ADMINISTRATIVE INV, Alexandria VA.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the Whistleblower Protection Ombudsman for the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Develops and implements a DoD-wide program for educating employees on prohibitions, rights and remedies under whistleblower protection statutes.
- These statutes include the Inspector General Act of 1978, as amended; the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989; 10 U.S.C. 1034 (military members); 10 U.S.C. 1587 (nonappropriated fund employees);
- Also 10 U.S.C. 2409 (contractor employees); Presidential Policy Directive 19 (intelligence personnel); and 5 U.S.C. 2302 (civilian appropriated fund employees).
- Leads comprehensive and coordinated global educational and awareness efforts to reach civilian, military service members, and contractor employees at posts, camps, stations, and facilities worldwide.
- Provides a channel for employees to solicit information about the whistleblower statutes, making protected disclosures, what constitutes retaliation, how to file complaints of reprisal, and the investigations process.
- Serves as the OIG's representative in the Federal Whistleblower Protection Ombudsman working group to other government agencies such as the U. S. Office of Special Counsel, and to non-governmental whistleblower organizations and advocacy groups.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel frequently for this position. Approximately 25% of work time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496674300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.