About the Position: This is a PERMANENT position, located at U.S. Army Recruiting Command, Fort Knox, KY.Learn more about this agency
Other Advantages: Located just 40 miles from Louisville and 17 miles from Elizabethtown, Kentucky, Fort Knox encompasses some 109,000 acres in three, beautiful Kentucky counties. Fort Knox has a population of over 40,000 Soldiers, Family members and civilian employees. There are many sightseeing/recreational opportunities in the Fort Knox area and the cost of living in this area is very reasonable. Sightseeing and recreational opportunities include Churchill Downs (site of the Kentucky Derby), the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Muhammad Ali Center, the Kentucky
Center for the Performing Arts, the Louisville Bats baseball team (a triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds), world-famous bourbon distilleries, first-rate hunting and fishing sites, and sweeping, scenic hiking trails and driving tours. Nearby Louisville International Airport offers nonstop service to more than 20 destinations and convenient connections to cities worldwide.
- Perform administrative duties as it pertains to Protocol
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the conduct of visits to the Command by General Officers, both foreign and domestic, and distinguished civilians of equivalent rank or higher
- Evaluate After Action Reports (AARs) in order to assess previously conducted ceremonies, events, and visits; analyze problems encountered to make recommendations on changes to command policy impacting protocol programs and/or to enhance ceremonies, events, and visits to the command.
- Serve as Visit Project Officer
- Determine proper protocol in connection with ceremonies, receptions, official luncheons and dinners; determine appropriate toasts and their proper sequence; determine menus based on research or own knowledge of cultural, religious, or other background information peculiar to a distinguished visitor
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496623900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.