This Term Appointment will initially be for a two-year period, but may be extended for a total of five years. Should the need arise, this position may be made permanent without further competition.Learn more about this agency
As an employee on a Term Appointment, you will not acquire competitive status and you will not be covered by the agency's Interchange Agreement with the Office of Personnel Management, which allows for noncompetitive transfer from CNCS to other agencies in the competitive service of the federal government. More information about interchange agreements can be found HERE.
These positions are located in their respective State Office locations within the Office of Field Liaison, Department of the Chief of Program Operations, Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
Should the hiring need arise, more than one selection may be made at any given duty station.
Duty Station and Salary (locality pay is included in the ranges listed below):
Albany, New York: $41,771 - $58,196
Charleston, West Virginia: $41,366 - $57,632
Helena, Montana: $41,366 - $57,632
Louisville, Kentucky: $41,366 - $57,632
Los Angeles, CA: $46,816 - $65,225
Orlando, Florida: $41,366 - $57,632
Phoenix, Arizona: $42,700 - $59,490
Providence, Rhode Island: $45,708 - $63,681
Salt Lake City, Utah: $41,366 - $57,632
The incumbent will manage a portfolio of AmeriCorps VISTA and Senior Corps projects for the assigned state, and will be an active participant in furthering the mission and goals of the Corporation. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assists current and potential sponsors in planning, designing, and submitting grant applications consistent with CNCS guidance.
- Assures portfolio records are well organized and comply with office requirements; annually reviews, promotes and implements CNCS program guidance and directives with grantees, sponsors, and key partners; and records project status activities in project management systems.
- Provides technical assistance to project sponsors and monitors project/grants data indicators to affirm compliance with performance measurement requirements.
- Continually reviews and evaluates project operations through on-site compliance monitoring and electronic progress report review and feedback. Researches issues involving AmeriCorps VISTA member and Senior Corps program management, individual performance and conduct issues as assigned and upon supervisory approval, provides feedback relative to resolving such issues. Seeks guidance of colleagues to help meet customer needs.
- Under leadership of the State Program Director, fosters a collaborative relationship with CNCS-funded partners within the state. On occasion, may represent CNCS/State Office on assignments such as national projects/competitions, volunteer recruitment, community collaborations, and other public events; planning and serving as a resource in outreach efforts to new and diverse service providers; participating in state-wide conferences; supporting training events for AmeriCorps VISTA and Senior Corps projects; and participating in on-site monitoring of CNCS-funded initiatives or projects outside of AmeriCorps VISTA and Senior Corps.
- Serves in a non-leadership role on cluster or national review teams and work groups in order to fulfill State Office requirements and gain familiarity with CNCS' various streams of service, their legal and regulatory foundation, and operational procedures. Completes State Office program and fiscal reporting requirements as may be assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496174600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.