IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONLearn more about this agency
This is a term position not to exceed two years and may be extended two years.
This is an episodic, intermittent position, on an irregular or occasional basis with hours and days of work not on a prearranged schedule and with compensation for the actual time employed or for service rendered.
The Pharmacist performs the following duties:
- Dispensing medications prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners and providing information to health practitioners and patients about proper usage of medications and side effects;
- Evaluating medication use patterns and outcomes for patients in hospitals or managed care organizations;
- Performing administrative, consultative, or staff advisory work for a medical facility's pharmacy program;
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating medication programs or regimens;
- Establishing medication-handling procedures for the storage and preservation of medications;
- Researching medical literature and/or clinical medication information to provide accurate responses to inquiries; and/or
- Maintaining all medication records required by law.
NOTE: This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire authority. Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. Please click here for more information on OPM's Authorization of Direct Hire authority. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% International Travel
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496098100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.