IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONLearn more about this agency
This is a term position not to exceed two years and may be extended two years.
This is an episodic, intermittent position, on an irregular or occasional basis with hours and days of work not on a prearranged schedule and with compensation for the actual time employed or for service rendered.
1. Serve as an Information Technology Specialist responsible for supporting, directing and coordinating IT and related services and solutions (systems) within a National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) response teams to support programs and initiatives of the deployed team.
2. Receive, manage, and is accountable for setup and maintenance of the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems and Disaster Medical Information Suite (DMIS) support equipment.
3. Monitor the performance of information systems resources in the field and resolve problems and determine the need for further technical support, e.g., systems engineers, developers, support technicians, etc., and ensures adequate staffing coverage.
4. Provides technical advice, guidance and recommendations to team leadership and other team employees on day-to-day IT issues on existing or new IT systems that encompass one or more areas of IT, including security,
applications, LAN/WAN, customer support, etc., and other related processes used to improve performance, availability, reliability, and enhance efficiencies; applies new developments to solve problems and make recommendations that support NDMS IT policies or programs.
5. Provide technical support for network management, service provisioning, information assurance, equipment and systems, Internet protocol routing security criteria, methodologies, techniques, processes, and mechanisms; provides advice to technical personnel who are responsible for the installation and maintenance of equipment and systems.
6. Sustain information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems; assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% international travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496096900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.